1.16.2010

I hope

We've found a pair of brothers! They're not ours (yet) - they haven't been assigned or referred. But the agency is reviewing our application to see if we'd be a match. The turtle's pace during this process is killing me!

I found the boys last week on an agency's Waiting Child List, before Lucas and I ever had the discussion of "let's start the adoption process." After we decided it was finally time to start, we put in our application with the agency. And then suddenly they were gone...being looked at by another family. I was disappointed.

Fast-forward 5 days, and the agency is calling me, asking if we might still be interested in these fellas. What?!?!?!?!?! So we're waiting, with hope, that they will say that the boys are a "good fit" for our family, so that we can proceed with the mountain of paperwork.

These sweet boys are in Ethiopia, and are ages 3 and 5. The three year old has club feet, but it's being corrected, so they are both considered special needs (the other one is because he is "old").

I've seen their faces. Gasp! I'm in love already...



0 whatdupwidat?:

Post a Comment

I design blogs, too...

Weaksauce Blogs

Kigali, Rwanda


Wild Olive

Adoption Timeline

  • Since 2007 - thinking, praying, talking about adopting
  • 01.07.10 - Found a pair of brothers in Ethiopia on Holt's waiting child list
  • 01.10.10 - Lucas said "let's get the adoption ball rolling!" Applied with Holt's Waiting Child program
  • 02.01.10 - Spent our first official adoption dollar and applied with Holt
  • 02.02.10 - 02.18.10 - Delay, delay, delay. Wait, wait, wait for Holt to have their committee meeting to choose a family for the brothers.
  • 02.19.10 - A different family was chosen for boys in Ethiopia. We're moving on.
  • 02.25.10 - Applied with Gladney's Rwanda program.
  • 02.28.10 - First home study meeting with our social worker. I hope my house is child-proof enough!
  • 03.01.10 - Applied with Mugisha Ministries to help us with an independent adoption. Received renewed passports in the mail.
  • 03.03.10 - Fingerprinted for state and local backgroud checks.
  • 03.06.10 - Accepted by Mugisha Ministries!
  • 03.10.10 - Mailed I-600a
  • 03.11.10 - Mailed our birth and marriage certificates back to HI and AR for authentication.
  • 03.14.10 - Home study visit #2
  • 03.15.10 - Realized I messed up the fee on my I-600a. Waiting for its return. Started online adoption training.
  • 3.20.10 - Received our Immigration rejection and sent them the rest of our fingerprinting fees.
  • 4.2.10 - Completed home study received in the mail

Search This Blog