2.28.2010

1st home study appointment today

I really need to quit typing this post and go make beds, wipe down bathroom sinks, and make sure all my cleaning supplies are put away properly (don't want anyone thinking we aren't safe around here!).

We didn't get to go to church this morning. Lucas has to finish with his MAJOR inspection at work, and Jane has strep. So, the bummer is we didn't get to go to church. The upside is that I have a few unexpected extra hours to get my house in order.

Our wonderful social worker will be here at 3:00. I'm excited to finally meet her - she seems really sweet and came highly recommended by my good friend Stefanie, who used her. I just hope our friendly resident mouse (we'll call him Leonard) doesn't decide to make an appearance while she is here. He showed his face on Thursday morning. I can't seem to kill him - that sucker is fast and he doesn't seem to be interested in my mouse poison. Leonard, please stay hidden this afternoon!!! I will give you a cheese reward if you do!

Since I haven't posted any pictures, which heretofore makes my blog really boring, I thought I would do so today. Here's Jane and Addy, showing me how to floss their teeth. They think they're so grown up now that they "know" how to floss.


I will hopefully post tomorrow about what a successful home study visit we had, and that none of the dead bodies in the basement were discovered. Oops...didn't mean to let that one slip.

PS - I'm KIDDING about the dead bodies. I repeat...I'm KIDDING! There are no dead bodies in my basement. None. None-point-none.

PSS - Why do mice feel, as they wander around my home as uninvited guests, that they have the right to just poop anywhere they please? "Oh, this looks like a nice little space to take a dump...right under this lady's sink. Don't mind if I do." Rude.



0 whatdupwidat?:

Post a Comment

I design blogs, too...

Weaksauce Blogs

Kigali, Rwanda


Wild Olive

Adoption Timeline

  • Since 2007 - thinking, praying, talking about adopting
  • 01.07.10 - Found a pair of brothers in Ethiopia on Holt's waiting child list
  • 01.10.10 - Lucas said "let's get the adoption ball rolling!" Applied with Holt's Waiting Child program
  • 02.01.10 - Spent our first official adoption dollar and applied with Holt
  • 02.02.10 - 02.18.10 - Delay, delay, delay. Wait, wait, wait for Holt to have their committee meeting to choose a family for the brothers.
  • 02.19.10 - A different family was chosen for boys in Ethiopia. We're moving on.
  • 02.25.10 - Applied with Gladney's Rwanda program.
  • 02.28.10 - First home study meeting with our social worker. I hope my house is child-proof enough!
  • 03.01.10 - Applied with Mugisha Ministries to help us with an independent adoption. Received renewed passports in the mail.
  • 03.03.10 - Fingerprinted for state and local backgroud checks.
  • 03.06.10 - Accepted by Mugisha Ministries!
  • 03.10.10 - Mailed I-600a
  • 03.11.10 - Mailed our birth and marriage certificates back to HI and AR for authentication.
  • 03.14.10 - Home study visit #2
  • 03.15.10 - Realized I messed up the fee on my I-600a. Waiting for its return. Started online adoption training.
  • 3.20.10 - Received our Immigration rejection and sent them the rest of our fingerprinting fees.
  • 4.2.10 - Completed home study received in the mail

Search This Blog